Few Advantages of using CDK(Cloud Development Kit)
- Use object-oriented techniques to create a model of your system
- Share and reuse your infrastructure as a library ( We have created few commonly used aws resources(S3, Apigateway, lambda, SQS, SNS, etc..,) as a library in both c# and typescript( PFB for the GitHub link), so we can simply call and reuse it on our application.
- Don’t want to remember all the properties of the AWS services because it will give code completion IntelliSense.
- We can use logical statements (if, for-loop ) when defining your infrastructure.
- Easy to deploy
- Less coding ( For creating Code Pipeline( Source, Build, Approval, Deploy ) it ends up with 189 lines of code, whereas through YAML at least we will end up with around 350 + lines of code.
- Less Error — Won’t get any syntactical error in AWS services